Sunday, February 5, 2023

In the Beginning


 


In the Beginning

  • I first began writing little bloggy stuff on Facebook, back in 2012, after retiring from my Customer Service job at Publix Supermarket on Fort Myers Beach, Florida. I wrote mostly of what I write about today, me and my childhood. Memories of people that romp around in my mind, even after all these years. In 2014, I made a peregrination, that ended in my hometown as a committee member of my 50th class reunion.
  • The following is one of those Facebook blogs. In rereading, I have seen some refinement in how I write today, my spirit, however, remains the same, a high regard for classmates and how they are now, as then. As time moved forward, I wrote about many of them.

  1. From August 27, 2014

“Well so far, it’s been quite a busy summer and I have taken too few opportunities to get alone and just do some writing. I’ve stopped at Pine Hill Cemetery to visit my parents a few times. Being home for the summer and in my hometown of West Bridgewater, Massachusetts is good for retrospection and recalling my years here as a kid. Lately, until the last couple of days, it’s been beautiful and a bit “coolish” almost autumn-like. Canada Geese are flopping down for a rest in the river in front of the Canoe Club and frolicking about all the way back to the bridge at South Street. I shout to them regarding their overrunning the big rock sticking up out of the river that turtles use as their sunning spot. I ask nicely that they think of others and not just themselves; but like so many animals in my life, they just do what they do best, they sigh and disregard me saying among themselves “humans”. There have been several meetings for the WBHS Class of 1965 Reunion and it has been fun and a blessing for me to be a member of the committee. For me, it has been satisfying to be personally in touch with several other classmates, even if only for a brief phone call or a quickie email or best of all in person for lunch or coffee. The agenda for our 50th Reunion will soon be out, and it is my heartfelt desire that those of you on Facebook take note and interact with the website link when it goes live. We would like you to fill out the survey and make suggestions and maybe even assist the committee in finding some classmates that have been off the grid for one reason or another. While we make the plans, it’s a sad note that there are many who are no longer here, and what they may have meant to you, back in those days, our days. This site will be perfect for us (WBHS 1965) to remain in touch for the next 50 years, if only to say “hey” every once in a while. I get that we all have our own lives and there’s never enough time, but as more of us retire and life takes on new dynamics, I just don’t want to be the only one that thinks back to how good we had it then. I’m retired and have become a writer, and as I take each visit to those days (our days), each one of you from our class come to my mind. You played an important role in helping us become who we are, no matter what that might be. Why should it be different now? I thoroughly enjoy getting to know my old friends again, and I want them to be part of my life, my spirit is filled with the hope that we can all reconnect, mend any broken fences, help each other if only by an honest familiar friendly caring word of hello how are you? As always, I wish for my readers good health and well-being, love you all. just sayin’ …Later, if He wills.”

  • Now, 7 years later, I’m grateful for Vocal+ Medium and the ability to write fearlessly as often, or little, as I like. I’m happy to be immersed in the writings of so many other authors with take me on so many diverse journeys. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Who want to earn money from online?

  Who want to earn money from online?     Click here :      Details :    Contact:

Popular Posts