Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Cashew Snack: A Vegan & Gluten-free Delight


 

Cashew Snack: A Vegan & Gluten-Free Delight

Teja Ray’s Cashew Snack 😋
  • A few people have encouraged me to write about vegan foods, but I seldom do so, for a few reasons. For one thing, there are an overwhelming (exciting!) number of vegan recipe websites online. For any dish that you would like to veganize, simply google it and you will find so many options!

  1. Another reason is I just do not feel passionate about food. In my late forties, within three years I had two tooth extractions and a mild jaw injury, so I have to be careful what I eat, and I have to baby my jaw to avoid TMJ flare-ups. Prior to those things happening, I had held a vision of one day eating a raw vegan diet, but that is no longer possible for me.

  • But, even though chewing food has become like an annoying chore, I do still enjoy good tasting food, and occasionally I get excited for a while about a particular food. Such is the case now with this cashew concoction that I’ve been enjoying lately as an afternoon snack. Here’s the little recipe:

  1. Mix some whole raw cashews (or roasted if you like) with a spoonful of almond butter, a teaspoon or two of jalapeÃąo relish, and a bit of pomegranate molasses*….. Sweet, tangy, spicy, yummy goodness! 😋 I hope you will enjoy it….. You can alter the recipe by putting sunflower seeds or pumpkins seeds instead of cashews.

  • It’s more tangy like balsamic vinegar! So I googled it, and it turns out that pomegranate molasses is a thing. It’s in all kinds of vegan recipes. Soon I’m going to cook some lentils and add it to the curry, doesn’t that sound interesting?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Who want to earn money from online?

  Who want to earn money from online?     Click here :      Details :    Contact:

Popular Posts