My school essay in English



Describing My School

I study at SPR International School. My school has a clean environment. There are many gardens and lawns in my school, and a gigantic playground too where I play games with my friends. It has helpful and student-friendly teachers who work day and night for the betterment of the students. It is the good management of my school that attracts students towards it. 

My school prepared me to develop good qualities, habits and skills. It made me a rational thinker and a real-life problem solver.  

My school organises activities like drawing, debating and athletics. It also organises contests and competitions.

It is a feather in my cap to pass with flying colors in the examinations and get awards in the competitions. As a result, I am in the good books of all my teachers and classmates. 

I feel so proud to be a part of such a majestic school that has shaped my mind in such a manner that I don't feel disheartened when I meet with failures in my life, because failures are the stepping stones to success for me. I shall always remember my school and it will remind me of great memories.


Words to Learn

1. Clean →Not dirty 

Synonym →Spotless 

Antonym →Dirty 

2. Environment→ surroundings 

3. Lawns →The areas of green grass in a garden

4. Gigantic →Something of very large size

Synonym →Huge 

Antonym →Tiny

5. Betterment →Improvement 

6. Attract →Cause someone or something to come towards something or someone 

Synonym →Charm 

Antonym →Repel 

7. Prepare → Make able

Synonym →Train 

Antonym→ Destroy

8. Develop →Learn new skills

Synonym →Acquire 

Antonym→ Be ignorant 

9. Rational →Something based on reason 

Synonym →Reasonable 

Antonym →Irrational 

10. Organise →Conduct competition

Synonym →Make arrangements

Antonym →Dis-organise


11. Majestic →Something attractive because of its size, power or beauty

Synonym →Great/Elegant

Antonym →Inelegant 

12. Disheartened →A person who has lost his confidence.

Synonym →Disappointed

Antonym →Confident 

13. Remind Of →Make someone remember something


Phrases to Be Noted 

1. Student-Friendly Teacher →A teacher who is like a friend with students. 

2. Rational Thinker →A person whose thought is based on reason and logic.

3. A feather in one's cap →An achievement after getting which a person takes pride in. 

4. Pass with flying colours →Pass an examination with high marks

5. In the good books of →A state in which a person is pleased with another

6. Shape mind →Have a great influence on mind

7. Failures are the stepping stones to success →The failures become the foundation stones for one's success. 


Can you recall the antonyms of the following words? 

1. Clean 

2. Gigantic

3. Majestic

4. Attract 

5. Rational 


Answer keys:-

1. Dirty 

2. Tiny 

3. Inelegant 

4. Repel 

5. Irrational


Can you recall the synonyms of the following words? 

1. Clean 

2. Gigantic

3. Majestic

4. Attract 

5. Rational


Answer keys:- 

1. Spotless

2. Big or Huge 

3. Great

4. Charm 

5. Reasonable


Do you understand the following phrases? 

1. Getting the award was a feather in my cap. 

2. I'm an excellent student. I can pass with flying colors in the examination. 

3. I help the poor so I'm in the good books of them. 

4. We should remember that our failures are the stepping stones to our success. 


Answer keys:- 

1. An achievement that a person is proud of. 

2. I can pass with high marks 

3. I'm liked by the poor or they are pleased with me.

4. Failures are the pillars of our success.