What is Daily Routine in English?


Lesson 1

 

Daily Routine in English

First of all, I get up at 6 o'clock in the morning. Then, I finish my morning activities such as making bed, washing hands, brushing teeth and doing hair. And then, I go to my reading room and revise the lessons I learnt. Having taken my breakfast at 8 o'clock, I get dressed and walk to school where I spend 6 hours attending the lessons of six different subjects. Then, I return home, take a bath, and have lunch at 2 p.m. And then, I take a nap for an hour. After that, I use my phone and chat with my friends on Facebook, Messenger and WhatsApp. Then, I play football with my friends and have high tea few minutes before the evening. And then, I again move to my reading room where I study till 9 o'clock at night. Finally I go to bed at 10 o'clock.


Words to Learn 

1. Get up is to rise from bed after sleeping.

Synonym→ wake up. 

Antonym→ fall asleep. 

2. An activity is the doing of things or tasks. 

Synonym→ Occupation

Antonym→ Inactivity

3. Revise lessons is to read them again. 

Synonym→ Reread 

Antonym→ Ignore

4. Walk to school is to go to school.

Synonym→ Step

Antonym→ Stay 

5. Return home is to come back home. 

Synonym→ Get back 

Antonym→ Set out for

6. Chat with friends is to have conversation with them.

Synonym →Speak with

Antonym →Be silent

7. Move to reading room is to go to reading room. 

Synonym →Walk to 

Antonym→ Stay


Phrases to Learn 

1. Make the bed is to arrange the sheets and blankets neatly. 

2. Do hair is to arrange hair. 

3. Get dressed is to wear or put on clothes.

4. Spend time is to give time to an activity or task for doing it. 

5. Attend lessons is to sit in the class and listen to lessons. 

6. Have lunch is to eat a meal in the afternoon. 

7. Take a nap is to get a short sleep in the afternoon. 

8. Have high tea is to eat a meal before the evening. 

9. Go to bed is to go to sleep.


Exercise 1 

Can you recall the antonyms of the following words? 

1. Walk

2. Revise 

3. Return

4. Activity 

5. Wake up


Answer keys:- 

1. Stay 

2. Ignore

3. Set out for a journey

4. Inactivity

5. Fall asleep 


Can you recall the synonyms of the following words? 

1. Walk

2. Revise 

3. Return

4. Activity 

5. Wake up


Answer keys:- 

1. Go or Step 

2. Reread 

3. Get back 

4. Occupation

5. Get up


Do you understand the following phrases? 

1. Do hair 

2. Make the bed

3. Go to bed 

4. Take a nap 

5. Have high tea


Answer keys:- 

1. Arrange hair 

2. Arrange the sheets and blankets 

3. Go to sleep 

4. Sleep for a while in the afternoon

5. Have a meal before the evening