Future Plan In English


Lesson 3


My Future Plan in English 

I have some dreams and goals for my future like everyone. 

In my childhood, as I was innocent, I hardly made out what dream meant to me and there was a great influence of observation on my thoughts, I wanted to become a doctor, an engineer, a pilot, etc. 

But now that I comprehend that one decision of mine will completely change my future life, and that I've observed my strength and weakness, and that I'm well-aware of the challenges that I will have to go through in the chosen field of study of mine, I've made a decision that I would like to see myself an English language teacher and I would be guiding the learners of the English language in the future. 

This career is something that will give me satisfaction and I will enjoy it a lot. 

I'm well-determined to make my dream come true, and well-informed about the fact that I will need to go the extra mile for that.

firstly I will finish my higher studies. Then, I will find a prestigious college, and later become a highly qualified professional teacher.

Now I'm counting the days until I become a great teacher.


Words to Learn 

1. Dreams →Dreams here mean ambitions. This dream is not something that you see while you sleep, but rather this dream is something that doesn't let you sleep. 

2. Goals →Goals here mean aims, aspirations, and not goals of hockey or rugby. 

3. Innocent →A person who doesn't have worldly experience. 

Synonym →Naive person

Antonym →Experienced

4. To make out →To understand with difficulty

Synonym →To figure out 

Antonym →To ignore 

5. To comprehend →To understand 

Synonym →To grasp 

Antonym →To ignore

6. To change →To make modifications in something

Synonym →To alter 

Antonym →To keep something same 

7. To observe →To see something carefully 

Synonym →To notice 

Antonym →To overlook or fail to notice

8. Challenges →The problems and issues in some particular phase of life

9. To go through →To experience some difficult situation 

Synonym →To undergo something

10. To guide →To advise other people in some situation 

11. Career→ profession—some work that you do after you're done with your studies 

12. Satisfaction →If something gives you satisfaction, it means it fulfills your expectations.

13. Prestigious →If something is prestigious, it is respected and valued. 

14. Professional →belonging to one's profession or career


Idioms and Phrases to Learn 

1. A great influence of observation on mind →If observation has influenced your mind, it means you have seen something great and  accepted it. 

2. Your strength or weakness in some subject→ Your strength in some subject means that you know about that subject very well. Your weakness in some subject means that you don't know much about the subject.

3. To be well-aware of the challenges →To know the problems very well 

4. To make dream come true →To make a dream realised 

5. To be well-determined to do something →To want to do something for sure

6. To be well-informed about some fact →To be well-aware of it 

7. To go the extra mile →To make a great effort to achieve some dream 

8. To count the days until...To eagerly wait for something


Exercise 1 

1. Can you recall the synonyms of the following words? 

1. To observe

2. To alter 

3. To figure out

4. To go through


Answer keys:- 

1. To notice

2. To change

3. To comprehend 

4. To undergo 


2. Can you recall the antonyms of the following words? 

1. To notice

2. To change

3. To comprehend


Answer keys:- 

1. To overlook

2. To keep same 

3. To ignore 


Exercise 2

Do you understand the following idioms and phrases? 

1. To go the extra mile

2. To count the days 

3. To make a dream come true

4. To be well-determined to do something

5. To be well-informed about something


Answer keys:- 

1. To make a great effort to achieve something

2. To eagerly wait for something 

3. To make a dream realised

4. To want to do something for sure

5. To be well-aware of something