Easy way to describe a future plans

What Will You Learn in This Article?
You're going to learn how to describe future plans in English and the methods employed for the same in this article. 

Why Learn To Speak about Future Plans in English? 

What are your future plans?, What would you like to do in the future? Or what are your career goals?. I'm quite sure that you must have heard questions like these. Do you want to answer these questions in English? If yes, then you are at the right place. 

Today, I'm going to be talking about how to describe your future plans in the English language. 

Prerequisites for Describing Future Plans in English

Before we step towards our main topic, how to describe future plans in English?,  let's first discuss and understand how many ways there are that can be used to describe future time. On knowing that, you can easily be able to describe your future plans or goals in English language effectively and efficiently. To do so, we will look at methods of expressing future time in English. We will learn 3 expressions, will, going to, and present continuous tense, because these methods indicate future time, and are used for actions that will take place in the future. So without any further delay, let's discuss the three methods of expressing future time that we can use while Describing our future plans in English. 


Three Methods of Expressing Future Time 

1. Will 

Will is used for actions or plans that you've decided to do at the moment of speaking. 


Examples

(a) I forgot to phone my father. I will phone him after lunch. 


(b) I haven't taken breakfast as yet. I will take it after a while. 


(c) I haven't told my friend about my secret plan. I will tell him this evening. 


2. Going to


“Going to” is used for actions or plans  that you've decided to do or that's been already decided before the moment of speaking. 


Examples

(a) I'm going to talk about how to describe your future plans in English in this article. 


(b) We're going to go on a picnic this afternoon. 


(c) Finally, we all are going to die. 


3. Present continuous


Present continuous is used for actions or plans that have been arranged. It is used for future arrangements. 


Examples:

(a) We are having our marriage party next Saturday.


(b) They are planning to get married this month.


(c) I'm leaving for London this evening. 


Here we present a sample of describing future plans in English. 


Future Plans in English

I have some dreams and goals for my future like everyone. 

In my childhood, as I was innocent, I hardly made out what dream meant to me and there was a great influence of observation on my thoughts, I wanted to become a doctor, an engineer, a pilot, etc. 

But now that I comprehend that one decision of mine will completely change my future life, and that I've observed my strength and weakness, and I'm well-aware of the challenges that I will have to go through in the chosen field of study of mine, I've made a decision that I would like to see myself an English language teacher and I would be guiding the learners of the English language in the future. 

This career is something that will give me satisfaction and I will enjoy it a lot. 

I'm well-determined to make my dream come true, and well-informed about the fact that I will need to go the extra mile for that.

Firstly I will finish my higher studies. Then I find a prestigious college, and later become a highly qualified professional teacher.


Glossary


1. To make out→ to understand 

2. Influence→ impact 

3. Observation→ viewing or visualization 

4. To comprehend→ to understand 

5. To go through→ to experience 

6. To be well-determined→ to have made a decision to do something  

7. To go the extra mile→ to make a special effort to do something 

8. Prestigious→ reputable 

9. Highly qualified→ highly skilled or learned 

10. Professional → Engaging in some profession